How to Fix MSVCP140.dll Missing error on Windows 10, 8 or 7Many of you may trying to find out a solution for the error which occur when you open a program on your PC like While I was trying to open a Adobe Photoshop but got a massage and it was written that “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem”.
You should not be worry about this error because there are many several ways to resolve it and the common occurring errors are as below.
- The program can’t start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In most of cases, the arrangement is to appropriately reinstall msvcp140.dll on your PC, to the Windows framework envelope. On the other hand, a few projects, quite PC games, necessitate that the DLL document is set in the game/application establishment organizer.
Additional details about msvcp140.dll
msvcp140.dll is a part of “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015” and is often required for running programs developed with Visual C++.
- 1 How to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing on Windows 10
How to Fix MSVCP140.Dll Missing on Windows 10
There are many ways to fix MSVCP140.dll missing file in windows 10 or windows 7. The first one is to install Microsoft and the second way is reinstalling MSVCP140.dll and the third one is to perform clean installation of the program on your PC so we are going to solve it.
Method 1. Reinstalling the Microsoft isual C++ Redistributable Package
Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable package is already in your computer when you are installing the OS Operating system in your PC by default, MSVCP140.dll missing file is a component of Microsoft visual C++ so every Operating system has it.
However, you can download the package from Microsoft official website any time. try to download it from official website, sometimes other websites are providing this package but when you open it. You will get the virus and malware. So let’s solve this problem on windows 10 or 7.
Step 1. Press the windows key on your keyboard.
Step 2. Now type “system information” then press enter.
Step 3. Go to system information to know that which windows operating system you use 32 or 64 bit windows OS.
Step 4. Go to Microsoft official website to download the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributableupdate then select your language the download.
Step 5. Choose the file which is suitable for your windows.
Step 6. Double click it after the downloading file.
Step 7. Follow the instructions on the installing file.
Step 8. Reboot the computer after installation has been completed.
Step 9. Open the program or application that prompted the error massage.
Method 2. Installing the MSVCP140.dll File
Many of the programs or applications will be stop due to missing file of MSVCP140.dll, so you need to restore the file or install the file to run the programs or application on your PC. For that we have to follow some steps to fix the error.
- Click the search icon on taskbar.
- On search icon type “command Prompt” then click Enter.
- Now type “sfc/scannow”.
- After that click Enter.
- You have to wait for some minutes until SFC scan and restoration process to be complete.
Method 3. Clean Installation of the Program
There is an other way to fix the MSVCP140.dll missing file error is to perform a clean installation of the program on your windows 10 or windows 7. Here are the instructions to fix the error massage on your windows.
- Press windows + R then a RUN will be open
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in RUN then Enter after that the list of program will be seen
- Now you have to find the program which shows the error, then right click on it after that
- Select uninstall
- Confirm the uninstall process by clicking yes
- Reboot your system
- Now install back the program again, the error will be fix automatically
Method 4. Install the MSVCP140.dll file separately
On the chance that you are certain that the record was erased, all things considered, download it once more. There is an official site for clients to download missing dll records – https://www.dll-files.com. Be that as it may, before propelling the document, examine it with an enemy of infection utility. Malware engineers tend to foist their malware in genuine well known sites.
Besides, before downloading any framework documents from an outsider site, check its surveys and note whether it is utilizing HTTPS protocol. After you downloaded and extricated the document. Duplicate its substance into C:/Windows/System32 (for 64-piece frameworks) or C:/Windows/SysWOW64 (for 32-piece frameworks) organizer.
You can likewise recover the MSVCP140.dll document from a confided in PC. Essentially duplicate it onto a versatile gadget, (for example, streak drive or a telephone), associate it to your PC and glue it into proper envelope.
Note, to make the MSVCP140.dll record noticeable, do the accompanying:
- Type in File Explorer Options into the search bar.
- Hit Enter.
- Click on View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click OK.
Method 5. Run System File Checker
This alternative uses Command Prompt so as to run an inherent scanner called System File Checker. On the off chance that any of the framework records are tainted, SFC output will have the option to recognize and fix it, fixing MSVCP140.dll is missing mistake right away.
- Type in cmd or Command Prompt into the search box.
- Right-click on the search result and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. This function looks for corrupted system files and repairs them. This method might help you identify the corrupted file.Therefore, this function can help you replace the damaged MSVCP140.dll file if it’s provided by Microsoft.